[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio CD questions

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Tue Dec 20 17:38:47 CET 2011

Reimar Döffinger wrote on Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:19:30 +0100:

> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 03:07:26PM +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> Well, anyway. What I basically need to know is how to get the "number of
>> songs" of an audio CD?

> Well, you already found a way, using cdda://.
> The thing is how to combine that with only playing one track.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for your detailed answers which helped
me a lot.

I've taken a close look at stream_cdda.c and figured out how to solve the
problem. First I came up with the idea to add a '-cdda track=<n>' option
which worked fine until I realized that I cannot pass this as "filename"
from the GUI. So I decided to use the otherwise pointless syntax

The idea is to introduce first/last_sector and use these for reporting while
start/end_sector are used for playback (as before). In case there is no "new
<n>-<n>" syntax first/last_sector don't differ from start/end_sector which
ensures that previous behaviour won't change.

To summarize:

cdda://      plays the whole CD, reports "number of songs" chapters
cdda://3     plays only song #3, reports 1 chapter
cdda://3-4   plays only songs #3 and #4, reports 2 chapters
cdda://3-3   plays only song #3, but reports "number of songs" chapters

The first three are unchanged and behave like they did prior to my patch.

Besides this, I think I found a couple of errors. Patches will follow.

Ingo