[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio CD questions

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Dec 15 20:25:42 CET 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 02:49:50PM +0100, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> I'm currently adding audio CD playback support to the GUI (which works fine
> so far except for #3 below) and have a few questions.
>
> 1. There seem to be several libraries possible to enable audio CD playback
>    (stream_cdda). I myself installed cdparanoia and get CONFIG_CDDA. In
>    configure I find CONFIG_LIBCDIO (and CONFIG_CDDB?) as well. So, is
>    #if defined(CDDA) || defined(LIBCDIO) what I should check?
>
> 2. STREAMTYPE_CDDA is the stream type to (always) go with, isn't it?

Ideally you should implement the GUI in a way that it does not matter.
If you really needs something where it matters, look at what condition
that you need is under exactly.
But otherwise probably yes to both.

> 3. Although I get the correct numbers of total tracks with the
>    MSGTR_MPDEMUX_CDDA_AudioCDFoundWithNTracks message, stream_control()'s
>    STREAM_CTRL_GET_NUM_CHAPTERS returns nothing but 1, because start_track
>    and end_track in stream_cdda.c always seem to be 1 while the following
>    patch seems to work. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

You told it to only play track 1 and not the whole CD probably.
In that case there is only one chapter/track (within that one track it
was told to play).
Or maybe there is some bug, too, but the above is what I remember.
Of course even if I remember correctly whether that is the way that
makes most sense is another question.
But make sure to check against the command line version and the chapter
switch commands and with specifying explicit track numbers.