[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI and vo_x11_create_vo_window()

Ingo Brückl ib at wupperonline.de
Thu Aug 18 22:07:13 CEST 2011

Reimar Döffinger wrote on Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:09:43 +0200:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 08:39:16PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
>> Reimar Döffinger wrote on Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:08:16 +0200:

>> > Neither.
>>
>> Too bad. I don't want to argue, but I thought at least #1 would be a clean
>> solution as vo_x11_create_vo_window() seems to be prepared to receive a
>> VOFLAG_FULLSCREEN flag, so why can't the GUI set it within its window
>> preparation, in an intentional gui() call?

> Hm, actually that might be acceptable.
> It is still a bit of a hack though.

In terms of the intention to get an aspect scaling in doing so, I agree. On
the other hand, vo_x11_create_vo_window() should get proper information if
WinID has VOFLAG_FULLSCREEN.

> Also, why not just set the already available global fullscreen variable?

If I get it right that would be default for every (new) window, while the
GUI else could start the next window (in a playlist) depending on the current
state of the user's fullscreen button.

> Well, the idea was to have a windowed_aspect_scaling option or some such
> and then having the function return vo_fs || windowed_aspect_scaling;
> There is no reason really why the aspect scaling/border adding should be
> directly related to fullscreen.

Yes, that's right.

Do you mean by "windowed_aspect_scaling option" a m_option_t option? If yes,
I could try to prepare a patch proposal. Other than that I have no clue on
how to "locally" (meaning as function parameter or so) pass such option.

Ingo