[MPlayer-dev-eng] GUI and vo_x11_create_vo_window()

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Aug 18 20:08:16 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 05:38:37PM +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> Which one is prefered?

Neither. With WinID MPlayer gets a window, it paints inside it,
end of story. No fullscreen or such stuff/tricks.
You either didn't say clearly or I missed it, but I guess what
you miss is MPlayer doing aspect scaling.
Well, the code to do that even when vo_fs is not set is already there,
see libvo/video_out.h, aspect_scaling().
It just needs to be hooked up to do something more intelligent than
just returning vo_fs.