[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Tested] bug in loading ac3 by -audiofile: seeking, time position

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Apr 25 01:38:28 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 01:11 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> 2011/4/25 Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi>:
> > On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 00:51 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> >> Would it be possible to port solution from mplayer2 for syncing mkv
> >> and ac3? As I explained, my video is mkv. Currently I don't see the
> >> way to play this with mplayer, AFAIU there isn't even any workaround I
> >> could use.
> >
> > Is there a reason why you would not just use mplayer2 instead?
>
> I'm fine with MPlayer, I'm used to it,

Do you find mplayer2 usage different enough to require getting used to?
AFAIK most people have been able to transition to mplayer2 pretty
easily.

>  SMPlayer is mostly being tested with MPlayer,

AFAIK the current problem with SMPlayer is that it's not being tested
with anything (at least not by people in position to fix problems they
find). Apparently its maintainer has little time for it at the moment.

>  it's better maintained for my distro (openSUSE, mplayer2
> is not compiled with pulse support).

Getting that fixed should be a lot easier than getting all the changes
backported to MPlayer 1.