[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Apr 13 15:06:10 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 01:21:47PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry i'm very very busy nowdays with work and moving, i cant follow
> all these discussions and do all the things you requests...
>
> if someone send me either the mplayerhq.hu zonefile or at least the list
> of subdomains i can setup dns servers and then al3x can change the
> domain registration. this is very urgent!!!

subdomains i know: (also note the current name servers have .eu names
and roberto could point these elsewhere which if i understand correctly
avoids the .hu latency)

www
www[number]
ftp
ftp[number]
upload
svn
git
cvs
natsuki
lists
ns1
samples
roundup
ffmpeg
bugzilla
rtmpdump

> anyway we need a non-.hu secondary dns server, as currently both ffmpeg
> dns servers are in .hu, and when .hu net is down then not even the
> mirrors and non-.hu subdomains work... anyone can offer that?
>
> and i can setup webspace for mphq domain on new ffmpeg server, and michael
> can create the mailing lists there, if he gets the subscriber lists....
>
> moving svn/git/ftp/etc is another story, i dont think i'll have time to
> do that myself anytime soon :(

i can move any git repo or any svn->git

[...]

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.