[MPlayer-dev-eng] Leaving the project

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Apr 13 14:45:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 07:08:58AM -0400, compn wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:43:13 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >>
> >> http://web.archive.org/web/20061114033826/http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/
> >> but obviously its so outdated to be almost useless. e.g. lots of those
> >> were moved into /soc/
> >>
> >> did you try login to mphq to get a list ? maybe diego could list the
> >> current svn repos for us...
> >
> >Permission denied (publickey)
> >
> >You didnt seriously think they would leave my account open, did you?
>
> i was hoping. heres a quick checklist:
>
> did you send your svn list question to root at mphq ? i dont think anyone
> is reading -dev-eng .

yes i CCed them, no reply

> did the server get backed up?

not as far as i know

[...]
> did the shipping costs get estimated for the entire server?

with urgent delivery (1-3 days) its 300-400CHF if my guess of 25kg
and the size of the package (dont remember) match reality.
normal delivery would be half teh price IIRC

There is risk the server could be stolen, so some kind of trustworthy
delivery form would be preferred. (anything  that doesnt give you an
"insurance" is probably a bad idea)

> are we shipping the harddrives first and the server seperately
> (slower?)?

It possibly makes sense to put new big disks in ffmpeg.org and copy
over the net and move the disks to the server when it arives.
Then sell the old disks on ebay

> are we putting up a temp site while natsuki is in transit?

If arpi sets ffmpeg.org up to handle requests for mplayerhq.hu
then this should be possible

[...]
> are the lists going to be down until natsuki arrives or are we going to
> have temp lists or what?

1. If arpi sets ffmpeg.org up to handle mail for mplayerhq.hu
2. If we have subscriber lists
3. If we have volunteers to config the mailing lists
then i can create the mailinglists

if we manage just 1+2 then i will probably try to keep 1 or 2 main
mailing lists alive at least. But i just promise that ill try not
that i succeed
(that is if its wanted, it will fuck up the archives as they will
 be split then)

> 5 days left....

[...]

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."