[MPlayer-dev-eng] Gitorious and part of MPlayer code

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 21:56:29 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

As you may know, I'm trying to develop DxVA support for MPlayer. It's
been 4 months and I've managed to work out all header, COM and various
other issues. From the beginning or March I'm trying to initialize the
EVR renderer correctly, but all my attempts have failed.

I decided to ask a broader community for help, as MPlayer developers
shouldn't be bothered with DxVA (Microsoft) specific issues. I think
that sharing my code in Gitorious to attract more developers is a good
idea, but can you give some advice how should I do it?

Right now I have one big header file with everything necessary inside
(but it is not clean room implementation) and I add more function
definitions/COM interfaces/macroses on a daily basis. Besides I have
the renderer itself as a libvo file. The last thing are MPlayer
specific patches to enable the new renderer (compilation and command
line selection).

What should I share exactly through Gitorious? I'm new to Git. Can you
give me some initial advice? Should I just share those two files and
the patches to MPlayer to enable them or something bigger (like a
snapshot of the whole compilable tree)? Your help will be of great
value!

Once the source code is public, I'll invite as many developers as
possible and will try to bring this feature to MPlayer. It turned out
much harder than I initially thought, but I'll succeed.

Greetings,
Georgi