[MPlayer-dev-eng] Subtitles modules

Clément Bœsch ubitux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 21:53:43 CET 2010

Hi,

subreader.c is huge file with lots of various, and I was planning to
extract specific subtitles format functions into sub modules, just like
libmpdemux, libmpcodecs, etc.

So first step, I'd like to just put specific format functions into
specific files:

  sub/st_jacosub.c
  sub/st_microdvd.c
  sub/st_sami.c
  sub/st_subrip.c

This will be the first tricky thing since some formats have specific hacky
global variable such as previous_sub_end.

If I'm not wrong the second step would be to define some instance and info
struct just like with at least init, read, postproc, dump and close
function.

The automatic type detection could be ported in the init function of each
type.

Does anyone has a grudge against this, or see a big obstacle?

Regards,

--
Clément B.
Not sent from a jesusPhone.