[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer linking takes forever on MinGW

Georgi Petrov gogothebee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 15:01:28 CET 2010

> i meant for compiling only. or even just the linking part.

Yes, this my consideration as well. I'll build a small custom solution
if I have to, but since I will work on this project for half a year in
the future, VMware-less solution will be more than required.

You understand how uncomfortable would be to have a full featured
VMware with XP inside sitting in the background just for linking a
couple of libraries in a binary :)

I'll try to submit a bug report, but I'm not sure where. May be I
should start from MinGW/MSYS guys?

The interesting part is that this doesn't happen with older MPlayer
SVN revisions. Somewhere, somehow this problem was triggered.
Compiling without optimization (in order to produce different code in
each library) doesn't make any difference, as well as any imaginable
ld switch.

I won't give up.