[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] internal library copies

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Mar 18 00:45:19 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:15:05AM +0100, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 07:50:08PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > and I also have a sample around that completely hangs
> > (http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/ogg/packetsize0.ogv I think).
>
> It don't hang... It actually respect the start_time specified in the
> file. If you wait for 59 seconds it will start normal playback.
> I don't know if it was the actual intent when this start_time was
> recorded in this file.

Start time does not work like this for any other format and it should not.
We don't expect people to wait for hours, days or whatever for their DVB
stream to start playback, just because the MPEG timestamps start somewhere
in the middle, do we?
There should only be a delay if there's a difference between audio and video
start time, however neither plays.
I have the suspicion that actually the pts of the first frame is 0, and only
the one after that has the "start_time" offset.