[MPlayer-dev-eng] what happened to the blu-ray support

Alexander Strange astrange at ithinksw.com
Wed Jun 30 11:23:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:16:52 -0300
> Dâniel Fraga <fragabr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>       Ok Reimar, I'm not against you or anybody here. I just think it
>> takes too long for MPlayer to receive new features. Sometimes our
>> patience as users are tested... and we end migrating to another
>> software making the developer's effort useless.
>
> Feel free to send us a patch.

Unfortunately some features never make it through patch review…new
contributors don't seem to expect the long review process and I wonder
if some of the older ones are scared off. I'm still sort of surprised
that libass made it in.

Recent outstanding patches include ARIB support for TS (submitter gave
up) and SSE2 for pullup (the patch is fine, someone just needs to test
it).

Setting up patchwork (http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/patchwork/) or
something might help with this, so people at least don't forget that
the patches were sent in the first place.