[MPlayer-dev-eng] what happened to the blu-ray support

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 16:16:52 CEST 2010

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 18:46:14 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:

> What a long rant. I don't think you really told anyone anything new,
> I was just responding to someone who made claims about the complexity
> of implementing certain things where I have a different opinion and honestly
> suspect the other person has neither authority nor knowledge to make such claims.
> Also I almost got a BluRay drive with my new computer - well, if anyone had
> them available here without ordering and waiting for weeks.
> So forgive my lack of motivation for BluRay...

	Ok Reimar, I'm not against you or anybody here. I just think it
takes too long for MPlayer to receive new features. Sometimes our
patience as users are tested... and we end migrating to another
software making the developer's effort useless.

	Anyway, of course I still believe one day MPlayer will support
blu-ray properly. I just hope it could be done this year... If we have
to wait for 2011, 2012, 2013... then... it will get complicated. Nobody
wants to wait so long.

	The development needs to be much more agressive. I understand
you don't have a blu-ray drive, but there're some who have and do
nothing about it :(.

--
Linux 2.6.34: Sheep on Meth