[MPlayer-dev-eng] what happened to the blu-ray support

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 16:39:03 CEST 2010

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:49:00 +0200
Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it> wrote:

> Apart from the subtitles, which would be nice, menus, playlist and
> extras are very very low on my personal must-have list.

	I really don't understand why... some discs have the main movie
splitted over several m2ts files, so if you don't support playlist for
example, you have to join them together anyway before watching.

> If all goes as expected, I can playback BD+-less discs with the key from
> the database directly, by simply performing normal decoding.

	Well, I want to see how you would watch blu-ray when all discs
come with BD+ protection. You simply won't because I don't believe
MPlayer will some day support BD+ discs... so this discussion is
completely useless and while developers discuss it, MPlayer still
doesn't support the main features all users (which previously
decrypted discs) really want.

	I think the "unix" philosophy should be remembered here: "small
is beautiful". Let other software do the decryption. MPlayer should do
only what it does best: to play already-decrypted content.

	This "decryption" discussion is wasting valuable developer
time, which should focus on features important to users.

--
Linux 2.6.34: Sheep on Meth