[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] all of FFmpeg as svn:external

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jul 13 03:10:55 CEST 2010

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:52:02 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 07:45:24PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:39:36AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> > This avoids duplicating much of the FFmpeg build system and indeed the
>> > diffstat is quite attractive:

hooray!

>> That works for some, but for e.g. --disable-mencoder a bit more
>> intelligence is reasonable.
>
>Yes, this is a rough first draft, I just wanted some comments.

i'm guessing this has some simple --disable-mencoder ==
--disable-encoders=all --enable-encoder=png (vo_png?) script to compile
ffmpeg? is there an easy way to see which encoders are needed? hmm.
hows all this work with a shared ffmpeg? are mplayer's uses of lavc all
protected from missing encoders?

are you going to run ffmpeg configure first and combine it with
mplayer en/dis abled-things list in configure output?

e.g combining these two:

Config files successfully generated by ./configure  !

  Install prefix: /usr/local
  Data directory: /usr/local/share/mplayer
  Config direct.: /usr/local/etc/mplayer

  Byte order: little-endian
  Optimizing for: native

  Languages:
    Messages/GUI: en
    Manual pages: en
    Documentation: en

  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input: dvdnav(internal) ftp pvr tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv libdvdcss(internal) dvdread(internal) vcd dvb network
    Codecs: libavcodec(internal) qtx real xanim win32 faad2(internal) libmpeg2(internal) liba52(internal) mp3lib(internal) tremor(internal)
    Audio output: oss v4l2 mpegpes(dvb)
    Video output: v4l2 pnm mpegpes(dvb) fbdev cvidix yuv4mpeg md5sum tga

  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: vstream radio tv-teletext tv-dshow live555 nemesi cddb cdda smb
    Codecs: libschroedinger libdirac x264 xvid libdv libopencore_amrwb libopencore_amrnb faac musepack libdca libtheora speex toolame twolame libmad liblzo gif
    Audio output: sun alsa openal jack pulse nas esd arts ivtv dxr2 sdl
    Video output: zr zr2 ivtv dxr3 dxr2 sdl vesa gif89a jpeg png opengl svga caca aa ggi xmga mga xvidix winvidix 3dfx dga vdpau xvmc xv x11 dfbmga directfb bl xvr100 tdfx_vid wii s3fb tdfxfb

Enabled decoders:
aac                     eightsvx_fib            pcm_s16le_planar
aasc                    escape124               pcm_s24be
ac3                     ffv1                    pcm_s24daud
adpcm_4xm               ffvhuff                 pcm_s24le
adpcm_adx               flac                    pcm_s32be
adpcm_ct                flashsv                 pcm_s32le
adpcm_ea                flic                    pcm_s8
adpcm_ea_maxis_xa       flv                     pcm_u16be
adpcm_ea_r1             fourxm                  pcm_u16le
adpcm_ea_r2             fraps                   pcm_u24be
adpcm_ea_r3             frwu                    pcm_u24le
adpcm_ea_xas            gif                     pcm_u32be
adpcm_g726              h261                    pcm_u32le
adpcm_ima_amv           h263                    pcm_u8
adpcm_ima_dk3           h263i                   pcm_zork
adpcm_ima_dk4           h264                    pcx
adpcm_ima_ea_eacs       huffyuv                 pgm
adpcm_ima_ea_sead       idcin                   pgmyuv
adpcm_ima_iss           imc                     pgssub
adpcm_ima_qt            indeo2                  png
adpcm_ima_smjpeg        indeo3                  ppm
adpcm_ima_wav           interplay_dpcm          ptx
adpcm_ima_ws            interplay_video         qcelp
adpcm_ms                jpegls                  qdm2
adpcm_sbpro_2           kmvc                    qdraw
adpcm_sbpro_3           loco                    qpeg
adpcm_sbpro_4           mace3                   qtrle
adpcm_swf               mace6                   ra_144
adpcm_thp               mdec                    ra_288
adpcm_xa                mimic                   rawvideo
adpcm_yamaha            mjpeg                   rl2
alac                    mjpegb                  roq
amv                     mlp                     roq_dpcm
ape                     mmvideo                 rpza
asv1                    motionpixels            rv10
asv2                    mp1                     rv20
atrac1                  mp2                     rv30
atrac3                  mp3                     rv40
avs                     mp3adu                  sgi
bethsoftvid             mp3on4                  shorten
bfi                     mpc7                    smackaud
bmp                     mpc8                    smacker
c93                     mpeg1video              smc
cavs                    mpeg2video              snow
cinepak                 mpeg4                   sol_dpcm
cljr                    mpegvideo               sonic
cook                    msmpeg4v1               sp5x
cscd                    msmpeg4v2               sunrast
cyuv                    msmpeg4v3               svq1
dca                     msrle                   svq3
dnxhd                   msvideo1                targa
dpx                     mszh                    theora
dsicinaudio             nellymoser              thp
dsicinvideo             nuv                     tiertexseqvideo
dvbsub                  pam                     tiff
dvdsub                  pbm                     tmv
dvvideo                 pcm_alaw                truehd
dxa                     pcm_bluray              truemotion1
eac3                    pcm_dvd                 truemotion2
eacmv                   pcm_f32be               truespeech
eamad                   pcm_f32le               tscc
eatgq                   pcm_f64be               tta
eatgv                   pcm_f64le               twinvq
eatqi                   pcm_mulaw               txd
eightbps                pcm_s16be               ulti
eightsvx_exp            pcm_s16le               v210
v210x                   vp6                     wmv3
vb                      vp6a                    wnv1
vc1                     vp6f                    ws_snd1
vcr1                    vqa                     xan_dpcm
vmdaudio                wavpack                 xan_wc3
vmdvideo                wmapro                  xl
vmnc                    wmav1                   xsub
vorbis                  wmav2                   zlib
vp3                     wmv1                    zmbv
vp5                     wmv2

Enabled encoders:
aac                     mp2                     pcm_u8
ac3                     mpeg1video              pcm_zork
adpcm_adx               mpeg2video              pcx
adpcm_g726              mpeg4                   pgm
adpcm_ima_qt            msmpeg4v1               pgmyuv
adpcm_ima_wav           msmpeg4v2               png
adpcm_ms                msmpeg4v3               ppm
adpcm_swf               nellymoser              qtrle
adpcm_yamaha            pam                     rawvideo
alac                    pbm                     roq
asv1                    pcm_alaw                roq_dpcm
asv2                    pcm_f32be               rv10
bmp                     pcm_f32le               rv20
dnxhd                   pcm_f64be               sgi
dvbsub                  pcm_f64le               snow
dvdsub                  pcm_mulaw               sonic
dvvideo                 pcm_s16be               sonic_ls
ffv1                    pcm_s16le               svq1
ffvhuff                 pcm_s24be               targa
flac                    pcm_s24daud             tiff
flashsv                 pcm_s24le               v210
flv                     pcm_s32be               vorbis
gif                     pcm_s32le               wmav1
h261                    pcm_s8                  wmav2
h263                    pcm_u16be               wmv1
h263p                   pcm_u16le               wmv2
huffyuv                 pcm_u24be               xsub
jpegls                  pcm_u24le               zlib
ljpeg                   pcm_u32be               zmbv
mjpeg                   pcm_u32le

Enabled hwaccels:

Enabled parsers:
aac                     dvdsub                  mpeg4video
ac3                     h261                    mpegaudio
cavsvideo               h263                    mpegvideo
dca                     h264                    pnm
dirac                   mjpeg                   vc1
dnxhd                   mlp                     vp3
dvbsub

Enabled demuxers:
aac                     ipmovie                 pcm_u24be
ac3                     iss                     pcm_u24le
aea                     lmlm4                   pcm_u32be
aiff                    m4v                     pcm_u32le
amr                     matroska                pcm_u8
apc                     mjpeg                   pva
ape                     mlp                     qcp
asf                     mm                      r3d
ass                     mmf                     rawvideo
au                      mov                     rl2
avi                     mp3                     rm
avs                     mpc                     roq
bethsoftvid             mpc8                    rpl
bfi                     mpegps                  rtsp
c93                     mpegts                  sdp
caf                     mpegtsraw               segafilm
cavsvideo               mpegvideo               shorten
daud                    msnwc_tcp               siff
dirac                   mtv                     smacker
dnxhd                   mvi                     sol
dsicin                  mxf                     sox
dts                     nc                      str
dv                      nsv                     swf
dxa                     nut                     thp
ea                      nuv                     tiertexseq
ea_cdata                ogg                     tmv
eac3                    oma                     truehd
ffm                     pcm_alaw                tta
flac                    pcm_f32be               txd
flic                    pcm_f32le               vc1
flv                     pcm_f64be               vc1t
fourxm                  pcm_f64le               vmd
gsm                     pcm_mulaw               voc
gxf                     pcm_s16be               vqf
h261                    pcm_s16le               w64
h263                    pcm_s24be               wav
h264                    pcm_s24le               wc3
idcin                   pcm_s32be               wsaud
iff                     pcm_s32le               wsvqa
image2                  pcm_s8                  wv
image2pipe              pcm_u16be               xa
ingenient               pcm_u16le               yuv4mpegpipe

Enabled muxers:
ac3                     matroska                pcm_s16be
adts                    matroska_audio          pcm_s16le
aiff                    mjpeg                   pcm_s24be
amr                     mlp                     pcm_s24le
asf                     mmf                     pcm_s32be
asf_stream              mov                     pcm_s32le
ass                     mp2                     pcm_s8
au                      mp3                     pcm_u16be
avi                     mp4                     pcm_u16le
avm2                    mpeg1system             pcm_u24be
crc                     mpeg1vcd                pcm_u24le
daud                    mpeg1video              pcm_u32be
dirac                   mpeg2dvd                pcm_u32le
dnxhd                   mpeg2svcd               pcm_u8
dts                     mpeg2video              psp
dv                      mpeg2vob                rawvideo
eac3                    mpegts                  rm
ffm                     mpjpeg                  roq
flac                    mxf                     rtp
flv                     mxf_d10                 sox
framecrc                null                    spdif
gif                     nut                     swf
gxf                     ogg                     tg2
h261                    pcm_alaw                tgp
h263                    pcm_f32be               truehd
h264                    pcm_f32le               vc1t
image2                  pcm_f64be               voc
image2pipe              pcm_f64le               wav
ipod                    pcm_mulaw               yuv4mpegpipe
m4v

Enabled protocols:
file                    pipe                    tcp
gopher                  rtmp                    udp
http                    rtp

Enabled filters:
crop                    noformat                vflip
format                  null

Enabled bsfs:
aac_adtstoasc           mjpega_dump_header      noise
dump_extradata          mov2textsub             remove_extradata
h264_mp4toannexb        mp3_header_compress     text2movsub
imx_dump_header         mp3_header_decompress

Enabled indevs:
dv1394                  v4l                     v4l2
oss

Enabled outdevs:
oss

or is it not worth doing that ?