[MPlayer-dev-eng] branching off rc4

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Jul 1 17:52:34 CEST 2010

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 13:37:56 +0200
Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it> wrote:

> > I'm actually not sure whether mc=1 does not cause various
> > unwanted side effects. But i dont know enough about the
> > timing code of mplayer to judge it.
> >

> What was the former setting of mc?

-1 changed in r31349

Though, i dont know whether the current code accepts -mc -1
(see the comment on -cvslog on that commit)

> Before the mc change I got an audible artifact, with the mc change I get
> smooth audio, but jerky video playback at the chapter break and
> sometimes mplayer prints out the *YOUR COMPUTER IS TOO SLOW TO PLAY
> THIS* warning.

Hmm.. taht's actually what i'd expect from an -mc 1.
I'd say there is a bug there with mplayers dvdnav code when seeking
beyond chapter boundaries.

			Attila Kinali

--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.