No subject

Mon Jul 5 14:03:39 CEST 2010

codecs.microsoft.com with the HTTP protocol as an ActiveX. by
Clicking "yes" on the dialog window it unzips them, install them on
the <windows_dir/system32> and register them on the registry.

The Mechanism to download codecs from MS site is good if distributions
are allowed to package mplayer binaries without any codecs, so upon
using the binary, mplayer could go to MS site and grab those codecs,
and install them.

However, the current license of mplayer does not allow to distribute
mplayer binaries ;(

> I don't quite understand. Do you mean that depending on the player
version
> number, the wms will return a list of codec to download if no present
> localy, right?
> There is no mechanism to download and intstall the win32 codecs, so
> don't worry about this for now. We can add this later if it's really
needed.
> For now, just considere that the codec is already install, mplayer
already
> has a lot of win32 codec, so the probability to have to download a
new
> codec is really low.

Hetz Ben Hamo
hetz at kde.org