[MPlayer-dev-eng] [ass] fix font aspect for anamorphic video

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Feb 9 17:34:08 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 09:20:04PM +0100, Grigori Goronzy wrote:
> On 02/07/2010 02:09 PM, Konstantin Khlebnikov wrote:
> > not obviously, but there wonderful bug in current libass font aspect
> > calculation. anamorphic coefficient must be inversed.
> >

> It's not libass' calculation that is incorrect. MPlayer passes a wrong
> aspect ratio to libass in fullscreen (borders are included in aspect
> ratio calculation). Also, MPlayer tries to use PAR correction with
> vf_ass. It's only relevant with EOSD rendering.
>
> The attached patch should fix both these issues.

Looks right, can you commit?
Would you mind looking at two libass patches I have here?
The first one allows building against old fontconfig.
That's mostly because there still seem to be people around with
the old version, and losing support for embedded fonts just seems
not that critical to me.
Even if you don't want that, at least the function documentation should be updated.
For the second one, my understanding is that recalculating render_priv->font_scale
is pointless if you don't also reconfigure.
At least it fixes MPlayer's strange behaviour that you get different font sizes
depending on whether you first load the subtitle and then set the font size
or the other way round.
(I admit I haven't tested them much or looked closely at the code, just asking
people who know better is much easier :-) ).