[MPlayer-dev-eng] [TEST-REQUEST] let window manager do placing by default

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Feb 4 09:13:41 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 07:50:28PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 11:14:36PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > I could need a lot of people to do some intensive testing with lots of
> > different window managers.
> > I hope at least some of you will volunteer.
> > Things to test:
> > - without any special options, your window manager should place the MPlayer window
> > - with -geometry 50%:50% behaviour should be _exactly_ identical to without
> >   the patch and no options
> > - -xineramascreen behaviour should be unaffected, but definitely worth testing
> > - -vo gl, -vo x11, -vo xv, -vo sdl and whatever else you can test should all
> >    behave in the same way.
>
> Sorry everyone, the patch was against a slightly older version, attached should
> work with latest SVN.

unpatched:

  xmga, xv, x11, gl, gl2:
    in the middle of the screen

  sdl:
    top-left corner

-geometry 50%:50% did not change anything, I did not test -xineramascreen
as I only have one monitor.

patched:

  xmga, xv, x11, gl2

  gl, sdl:
    top-left corner

with -geometry 50%:50% vo_gl seems to create the window in the top-left
corner but then quickly move it to the center; same for vo_xmga, but
the movement is quicker.

My window manager is dwm 4.0.

Diego