[MPlayer-dev-eng] New gmplayer options?

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Dec 24 23:41:13 CET 2010

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 20:47:49 +0100, Grozdan wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 8:10 PM, compn <tempn at twmi.rr.com> wrote:

>>>gmplayer has been scheduled for removal
>>
>> ingo has offered to work on it, and reimar has agreed to give him svn
>> commit access. unless you know something they dont ;)
>
>wait, so gmplayer is staying? What's with all the trolling in the
>changelog and on the ML then?

that changelog entry was from reimar cleaning up mplayer code and
removing some gui mess from it.

suggested bikeshed plans over the years:
a. remove gui
b. remove gui hacks and add new slave options to give any frontends the
same powers as gmplayer
c. keep gui, do plan b and make gmplayer use those new slave options
instead.
d. keep gui until something breaks and then we can rm -rf gui/.
e. remove gui and slave mode and change mplayer into a library.

not sure what the current plan is, reimar is the planmaker now.

-compn