[MPlayer-dev-eng] Replace the debian/ packaging directory

Andreas Metzler ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org
Sat Aug 7 09:05:04 CEST 2010

Reinhard Tartler <siretart <at> tauware.de> writes:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:42:36 (EDT), Reinhard Tartler wrote:
[...]
>> I'd like to propose to replace the existing debian/ packaging with my
>> packaging I'm doing for Ubuntu.
[...]

Giving some love to debian/ is a good thing.

[...]
> Diego asked me to elaborate on the differences to the current packaging:
>
>  - seperate mplayer, mencoder and mplayer-gui package (current: single
>    package)
[...]

Hello,
Is there a point in making mencoder a separate package? Dependencies
should be basically identical and the size benefit is minimal. Saving
1,5MB seems to be not worth it, especially if you consider the amount of
data mplayer usually acts on.

mplayer-gui is somehow i the same boat, the additional deps are not
many. And just building once would simplify debian/rules.

Just my personal thoughts, I am not involved in mplayer development.

cu andreas