[MPlayer-dev-eng] AAC decoding is out of sync

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 06:58:06 CEST 2010

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:57:32 +0200
Grozdan <neutrino8 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it was a bad call to add ffaac as default decoder for AAC as
> it tends to screw up in a lot of cases. I prefer FAAD over it anytime.

The MPlayer project is perpetually in "testing".  There is no stable
branch.  Faster codecs have always gotten precidence over more reliable
ones, and setting somewhat buggy codecs as the default has long been the
method to get them tested.  In short, it's not an argument you can win.

--
Ha. I'm the idiot.