[MPlayer-dev-eng] a patch to show Chinese characters correctly in terminal

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 14:21:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> And disregard one part of the other reply: any and all uses of setlocale are and as
> long as I can stop it will be banned from MPlayer, it is broken by design, particularly
> if you want a chance to support multi-threading.

I didn't know that setlocale was not thread safe. There is no mention
of this in the man. When you say it is broken by design, is there any
other reason that the multi-threading (just to feed my knowledge)?

And if you want to ban setlocale from mplayer, you should start now by the way:

$ grep setlocale */*
osdep/getch2.c:    setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "");
osdep/getch2.c:    setlocale(LC_CTYPE, "C");
osdep/getch2-os2.c:    setlocale( LC_CTYPE, "");
osdep/getch2-os2.c:    setlocale( LC_CTYPE, "C");

;-)
Bye.

Jehan