[MPlayer-dev-eng] tabs removal

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Sat Apr 3 18:06:57 CEST 2010

on 2010-04-03 at 17:04 +0200 Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 04:38:51PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 02:54:31PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > > I intend to convert all tabs to four spaces outside of Makefiles and
> > > imported code and then activate the pre-commit hook that prevents fresh
> > > ones from being added.
> >
> > I still have no objections, but I know others very much disliked the idea.
>
> This is the type of decision that should be decided by majority and
> then whoever got overruled should just act professional and accept
> the decision.  Letting these things stall forever is the worst
> possible outcome.

As I have a lot of patches to be submitted covering 20 files (many that
contains tabs) it could be a problem. But testing with the -l option to
patch it looks like I can still apply my patches without the patch
program failing. Then it should be no problem for me.

Apart from tabs some files have a very messy indentation and should be
reindented. One is mplayer.c which I have a lot of patches against.

  Dan