[MPlayer-dev-eng] aes & bluray

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Fri Sep 11 00:09:55 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:29:12PM +0000, Jonathan Nell wrote:
> Good news everyone - *basic* bluray support has been implemented
> natively in mplayer (as a stream)!

Are you sure that is the right place? The AACS spec reads as if the encryption
would fit better into the demuxer layer (I know that it is not done for CSS -
which means files just copied from a DVD without decrypting can't be played).

> 1) I've tried using the aes fcns included in libavutil but it doesn't
> work (i've had to user the openssl ones for now). I mean i have
> implemented the functions exacly as per the test example in aes.c but
> neither cbc nor ecb is working at all (all the values are wrong). Any
> ideas what's going on here? Is this traight forward aes (with the
> correct sboxes)?

Of course, it works perfectly for MXF.

> 2) the 'fill_buffer' fcn in the stream code always have a len of 2048
> passed to it. Is this standard/configurable? Does this change at all?
> It's not a problem but i've hard-coded the splitting of the m2ts units
> into 2048byte sub-units and if this value changes every, my code won't
> work (I've done it stupidly anyway and will improve it, but i would
> still like to know where this len value comes from).

You certainly can't rely on that, 2048 is probably preferred when filling some
internal buffers because it is the largest common sector size but it is
probable there are quite a few situations where it won't be possible.

> HD-DVDs and non-encrypted bluray discs will
> not play at all (althought I'll certainly add support for
> non-encrypted bluray).

Hm, if the keys are given, HD-DVD and BluRay should work identically for what
I can remember from the specs...