[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bluray playback

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 04:17:01 CEST 2009

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:01:41 +0300
Jonathan Nell <crtrn13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on an mplayer patch to allow for 'native' Bluray playback
> (I found it immensely annoying that there is no way to play Bluray
> discs in linux - well at least no straightforward way). I wanted to
> get your thoughts regarding a few issues:

	My 2 cents on this:

1) the first thing that should be implemented is PGS support (Blu-ray
subtitles). I know most american folks don't care about it, but the
rest of the world does. There's already support in ffmpeg, so it would
be a matter of porting the code to mplayer

2) If I would you, I won't be concerned about encryption. If you can
support to play blu-ray images/folders already decrypted to disc, it
would be a huge advancement.

3) if you're doing some kind of bluraynav, it would be nice, as long as
it doesn't have all the annoying dvdnav bugs ;)

	If you want somebody to test your patches, don't hesitate to
contact me. Thank you.

--
Linux 2.6.31-rc9: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity