[MPlayer-dev-eng] fixed-vo in VDPAU

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Oct 31 21:57:52 CET 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 22:18 +0200, Serguei Miridonov wrote:
> Even with -fixed-vo when playing multiple files mplayer reconfigures
> the output with every new file. I mean that if I change the display
> option by pressing 'f' or 'e', or change the window size during
> playback, when mplayer starts playing new file, it will return to
> options initially given in a command line.
>
> To prevent this behavior, I've made changes in vo_vdpau.c (see
> attached patch). I know, this is not the best way to fix this but it
> was easiest to test. Probably it is better to do this at some upper
> level for all VO.

Fullscreen has its own option. Currently, when moving to a new file
every option gets a specific value that is determined when the command
line is parsed. Maybe some options should keep their value when changing
files instead of using the value determined during commandline parsing,
but the right behavior is not obvious. Exactly which options would those
be? If "-fs" is now specified for one file is it then implied for the
next files until there is an explicit "-nofs" on the command line for
some following file (changing the command line semantics), or does
MPlayer return to the default nofs for the next file (and if so, what if
the user changes fullscreen off and back on before that)? What about
options specified in user config files?

I think leaving the size of the display window unchanged when switching
between two videos of equal size should be OK from a functionality
viewpoint. I haven't considered the implementation details.