[MPlayer-dev-eng] M2TS subtitle (PGS) support

stev391 at exemail.com.au stev391 at exemail.com.au
Tue Oct 6 06:31:58 CEST 2009

> On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:39:43 +1000 (EST)
> stev391 at exemail.com.au wrote:
>
>> I have a mild interest and are currently pursuing getting this into
>> FFmpeg, once it is in there I will look at MythTV, then mplayer in that
>> order (my personal preference of players atm.)
>
> 	(...)
>

>> So if you want me to add it you will have to wait.  Or you can grab my
>> patch and apply it and try and work out what else you need to change in
>> mplayer to make it work.
>
> 	Hi Stephen, in fact ffplay with your patch shows perfectly the
> subtitles. Are you working now on MythTV? Any roadmap when you could do
> for mplayer too? Just for knowing how things are going on ;)
>
> 	Thank you!

There is still some work to get complete support in FFmpeg.  Currently the
majority of subtitles will display with an occasional one missing.  The
timing is still off, but there has been discussion regarding DVB subtitles
recently which have the same issues...

So I'm currently holding off looking at mplayer until DVB subtitles and
teletext have been accepted as the changes required for these will be
similiar for Bluray subtitles.  If these changes are done correctly it
should be just a very small patch to include bluray subtitles.

As for MythTV, I have been enjoying my subtitles.  I have a patch in this
ticket:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6748
That enables the same support as ffplay enjoys.

Sorry I have not yet progressed to mplayer, my thoughts are with other
items at the moment, but it is in my todo list, however somewhat down the
list.

Regards,
Stephen.