[MPlayer-dev-eng] lavf demuxer and video pts

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Thu Nov 26 19:28:21 CET 2009

>From what I can find out, an .avi file do not contain pts values so they
are generated by the demuxer.

So in a .avi file I would expect video and audio stream to start at pts
value zero.

Using normal mplayer demuxer audio pts starts at 0, and video pts for
first frame is 0.

Using demuxer lavf, audio pts starts at 0, and video pts for first frame
is 1/fps.

Why is lavf marking first frame with pts of what I would expect second
frame would have? Is the lavf demuxer skipping the first frame or is it
a bug?

It doesn't look right to me.