[MPlayer-dev-eng] fixed-vo in VDPAU

Dan Oscarsson Dan.Oscarsson at tieto.com
Tue Nov 3 10:12:12 CET 2009

mån 2009-11-02 klockan 19:38 -0800 skrev RC:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:23:23 +0200
> Serguei Miridonov <mirsev at cicese.mx> wrote:
>
> > ... and, as I wrote in my other post, average user perception of this:
> > the window will keep its geometry or full-screen/panscan mode if (s)he
> > changes it during the playback.
>
> After many years on this list, yours is the first I can remember where
> someone believed -fixed-vo should maintain settings the user toggled at
> runtime.  So at best, it's disingenuous to claim your mistake is
> "average user perception."  So far, it seems to be "one user
> misunderstanding, and complaining loudly."

Actually I would prefer that even without -fixed-vo, full screen and
position is kept. If I switch to full screen or move the window to the
side, I do NOT want it to change to small window and center itself in
the middle of the screen every time a new file is started.

Initial position and window size is by most programs set up when program
starts. But user changes, like window size, is the kept as long as
program is running.

So I would recommend that user changes are kept always.