[MPlayer-dev-eng] fixed-vo in VDPAU

Serguei Miridonov mirsev at cicese.mx
Sun Nov 1 18:19:57 CET 2009

On Sunday 01 November 2009, The Wanderer wrote:
> On 11/01/2009 01:36 AM, Serguei Miridonov wrote:
> > Imagine, you start mplayer with miltiple files and after a minute
> > or so you decide to switch from window mode to full screen and
> > press "F" on a keyboard. Even more, you press "E" several times
> > to adjust panscan mode. You watch the clip and when it ends and
> > mplayer starts to play the next file, it returns to previous
> > window mode. Annoying?
>
> Only sometimes. There are times when you might want this behavior -
>  for instance, what if only one of the files in your multi-file
>  sequence needed the panscan adjustments?. I for one would be
>  annoyed to have the option of getting this behavior taken away.

OK, may be I just just don't understand the reason why -fixed-vo was
implemented... May I ask anybody explain that?

Now, what would you think if I say that if someone starts playing a
series of files, that may be considered as playing one movie. So,
keeping VO is most obvious behavior.

What is the main difference between using -fixed-vo and not using it?