[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mencoder bug

Tom Shaw mplayer at zerofiveone.com
Thu Mar 26 00:02:08 CET 2009

Sorry to post here but Im not sure where else to ask about this.

Feel free to point me elsewhere.

VFW encoding using the VP6VFW.dll fails to work correctly using a
newly checked out copy of mplayer/mencoder.

The bitrate isnt correctly picked up from the settings file so the
encoded files are huge. Ive only tried with 2 pass encoding.

The last working version I had was:

MEncoder SVN-r28496-4.1.2

The version that doesnt work correctly (for me):

MEncoder SVN-r29045-4.3.2

I will assume this is a bug since I can happily use the older version
to encode.  The newer version has fixed a number of annoyances tho
which Id like to keep.

While Im posting the bitrate in the version that "works" isnt correct
by any stretch.  You need to set it to roughly 2x the desired bitrate
for the video to be anywhere close.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Tom