[MPlayer-dev-eng] libass behavior when PlayResX & PlayResY are missing in ass subs

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Jan 14 18:14:03 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 11:59 -0500, Ergzay wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2009, at 11:23 AM, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > Do you have such samples? I've seen samples that break if you assume

> Yes I have a couple. A 50 megabyte sample of one is uploading to ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/
> Filename is hyakko_04.mkv. Problem is seen first at 2:04.
> And actually this is an interesting example. Mplayer states there
> isn't a PlayRes set but it is set in the file, but it seems to ignore
> it.

I couldn't check the file yet (the crappy permissions system still
hasn't set the correct access), but based on your description it sounds
like this file does NOT have the kind of problem you complained about.
Of course if the file tries to specify a different resolution but
MPlayer can not parse it then things will not work if that resolution
differs from the default.