[MPlayer-dev-eng] VA API support for MPlayer

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com
Mon Jan 5 13:45:08 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, Benjamin Zores wrote:

> Hardware video decode acceleration support (Intel(R) System Controller
> Hub US15W only)
> * MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264 and VC-1 formats supported in Wind River Linux,*
> Red Hat Embedded Linux* and Red Flag Linux* via VA-API
>
> Does it means that only ATOM Poulspo chipset can do that atm ?

A little clarification, Atom and Poulsbo are two different chips. The Atom
CPU has no video decode unit. The Poulsbo SCH (aka US15W) has the desired
HW (a PowerVR VXD370, it seems).

AFAIK, and based on public information, there are VA API implementations
only for Poulsbo at this time.

> Would you be able to send me the archive in private mail ?

I think your employer works with Intel on some aspects (Wimax, at least
;-)), you probably can contact your Intel representative to get the
drivers. It's not something I can provide to you, I am sorry.

Regards,
Gwenole.