[MPlayer-dev-eng] [**13 ESSENTIAL PATCHES**] Libass enhancements that need to coincide with the new EOSD patches

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Feb 23 19:43:29 CET 2009

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:16:16 -0500, Eric Appleman wrote:
>As my patience is wearing thing, I must repeat once again. Why are we
>implementing Greg's EOSD patches if we aren't even looking at his 13
>newest libass patches that would enhance EOSD rendering that have been
>repeatedly submitted and ignored? Why are they not getting any attention?
>
>If you guys are content with these patches flying under the radar yet
>again, PLEASE SAY SO RIGHT HERE AND NOW.
>
>I apologize for coming off as an ass with this message, but it seems
>that I must turn up the volume in order to be heard.
>
>(Yes. The fixed version of patch 9 is included.)

its only been 5 days since they were posted.
patches.txt says a 'few days', but the unwritten rule is ~2 weeks.

mplayer only has 1 ass subtitle developer (Evgeniy)
and very few active developers.

if you or greg would like to take maintainership of libass in mplayer,
please say so.

if you would like to change this slow developer situation,
please offer to review other patches or review bugzilla
and reproduce or reject some bugreports.

if something isnt clear, or you feel like your work is being ignored
please tell us what we can do to clear up any miscommunications.

-compn