[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fw: Xine-lib Update Improves A Bit For Blu-ray

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 22:20:34 CET 2009

The developers behind the Xine multimedia player have announced the
release of xine-lib 1.1.17. This isn't the major Xine 1.2 library
update that is expected to offer significantly better Blu-ray disc
support along with support for NVIDIA's VDPAU interface, but the 1.1.17
release does carry some interesting features. To be found in xine-lib
1.1.17 is improved Matroska support, fixes for UTF-16 (affecting ID3
tags in particular), support for Apple QuickTime file trailers, better
support for the OpenBSD operating system, and improved support for
unencrypted files on Blu-ray discs...

	***

	I just posted it here so MPlayer could hurry up the support for
Blu-ray discs (I mean, the unencrypted would be great). I don't know if
the patch discussed here some time ago got merged, but as far as I
remember it would handle just encrypted discs (and not BD+ of course).
But I still think it would be much more important to focus on
unencrypted discs, since no software will ever come close to the AnyDVD
HD level capable of decrypting any blu-ray disc (unless you don't care
about BD+ discs).

	So any news on MPlayer blu-ray support?

	Ps: in fact xine can play the same m2ts files MPlayer does, but
Xine at least support PGS subtitles, while MPlayer doesn't.

	Ps2: anyone wanting to port the PGS support from ffmpeg to
MPlayer?

--
Linux 2.6.31: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity