[MPlayer-dev-eng] Video controls for mplayer, smplayer and direct3d under win32 [ver 0.6.7]

Tom siggma at trbailey.net
Sat Apr 18 23:32:03 CEST 2009

Hi all, I hope this gets posted. I didn't want to join the list just to
post it.

Applies to Win32:
I'm using Vista SP1 and an ATI X1650 with the latest (3-09) driver
installed but this will probably work for others as well.

Exact SMplayer version:
Version: 0.6.7 (SVN r2831)
Using Qt 4.4.2 (compiled with Qt 4.4.2)
Using MPlayer SVN r28311

Gamma correction does not work correctly using gl2, direct3d & several
other video methods.
Additionally several of the working methods (directx?) mess up Aero
theme when they attempt to acquire an overlay. There is no overlay on
this and many newer video cards. The single hardware decoded overlay
surface has been dropped in favor of a more open hardware decoding
approach that varies with vendor.

To activate all video controls

1. Navigate to preferences->general
Set video to direct3d

2. Navigate to preferences->advanced->Options for mplayer
In the video filters box enter:
eq2=1

Apply and enjoy ALL full screen controls.
I have no idea why but it's probably related to loading or not loading eq2?
-a happy fiddler