[MPlayer-dev-eng] mpg123 / mp3lib 64bit SSE code

Thomas Orgis thomas-forum at orgis.org
Sun Apr 5 13:22:21 CEST 2009

Am Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:21:33 +0200
schrieb Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum at orgis.org>:

> Hi, MPlayer folks...
>
> The mpg123 project has this long-term goal to replace all those forks
> in various projects (like MPlayer/mp3lib) with the up-to-date libmpg123.
> What we still miss is the SSE optimizations for AMD64 -- something Zuxy
> actually did for your mp3lib already.

Update: There is freshly written SSE code now in mpg123 SVN for x86-64.
See

https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=0BFFEB6C-ACB3-47DF-BCE9-0CED19ED920A%40mac.com

So, after stabilizing that, there is one major blocker away for my dream
of getting MPlayer to use the updated MPEG audio engine. In what form,
we will see.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.