[MPlayer-dev-eng] 1.0rc3 release

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Wed Apr 1 02:21:22 CEST 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 00:11:00 +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 08:35:22PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> Some regressions:
>> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/testsuite/msvc.avi no longer plays correctly:
>> Unsupported PixelFormat 10
>
>Fixed in development branch r29117.
>But, only I-frames seem to decode directly, was that always the case or is
>it a regression in libavcodec?

mplayer -vc cram msvc.avi shows same as -vc ffvideo1
so no regression that way.

>> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/sub/NeroMP4/unsupported-embedded-subs-2.mp4
>> -demuxer mov works fine, but the default (lavf) won't detect any subtitles.
>
>Can only be fixed in libavformat. On the plus side, only libavformat needs to
>be changed, no changes in MPlayer sources are necessary.

mp4 subs arent very popular in the wild ...

>> http://www.diatonis.com/downloads/diatonis_ac3_48k_soal.zip
>> This used to play fine in 1.0rc1 times, but now it doesn't (misdetected
>> as rawdv video.
>
>Never had a native demuxer for that, so it is a libavformat issue.
>If I had to guess, I'd say the problem probably is that the probe
>function checks the AC3 CRC...
>It does seem to work with -lavfdopts format=ac3 though.

its not ffmpeg ac3 probe, report is here:
http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/issue64
it is detected properly with ffmpeg, and that bug is closed/fixed.

mplayer rc1 can handle that ac3 without extra options...
i dont have rc2 to test.
also works with -rawaudio format=0x2000 -demuxer rawaudio
maybe .ac3 could go in extensions.c for lavfdopts ac3 ?

-compn