[MPlayer-dev-eng] MNG support for MPlayer

Stefan Schuermans stefan at blinkenarea.org
Mon Sep 29 12:45:58 CEST 2008

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 03:39:20PM +0200, Stefan Schuermans wrote:
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>> I wonder why tmp_run is necessary?  And yes, I know that the libpng test
>>> does it as well...
>> If I've understood this correctly, cc_check tries to compile and link
>> the C source and tmp_run tries to run the result. I think it is
>> neccessary to run the code to detect if linking against libmng works.
>> I've seen it at least once (with some broken libmng installation) that
>> compiling and linking worked, but the binary did not run. I'm not sure
>> any more if it crashed or did not load due to not finding libmng.so.
>
> I think the the test in the libpng test is already suspicious.  Just
> drop it.  As Reimar said, it will be problematic if cross-compiling.

I've dropped it now.

>> +/**
>> + * \brief MNG library callback: (a part of) the canvas should be shown
>> + * \param[in] h_mng MNG library image handle
>> + * \param[in] x rectangle's left edge
>> + * \param[in] y rectangle's top edge
>> + * \param[in] width rectangle's width
>> + * \param[in] height rectangle's heigt
>> + * \return \p MNG_TRUE on success, \p MNG_FALSE on error (never happens)
>
> What are all those rectangles?  I may be missing something obvious
> here..

There's only one rectangle, which has got a left edge, a top edge, a
width and a height. I've moved the long description out of the function
into the doxygen part to make it clear.

Your other comments and Reimar's comments (alpha channel and the
"demuxer/stream" issue) are also integrated in the new patch.

Greetings,
Stefan