[MPlayer-dev-eng] Removal of backing store

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Sep 3 18:44:20 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 05:31:54PM +0200, Stephane Marchesin wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Sébastien Mazy <melyadon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just to know, has Stephane Marchesin's suggestion been finally
> > accepted/rejected/still pending?
> >

> It guess it's either rejected or still pending, since there's no
> change in SVN. Is there anyone who has updates on this ?

Well, personally I think the discussions were long but did not really
answer anything.
I have no idea why _just_ enabling backing store "must" enable window
redirection if it just causes issues, I also do not know how that
fallback to textured video (which seems to be the reason why this
matters at all) is supposed to work at all (since textured video
does not support color-keying AFAIK), and lastly it also disables
backing-store for e.g. vidix where automatic drawing of color-key
is not even available.
Maybe the backing-store implementation is indeed so completely stupid
that it never makes sense, but conceptually I think the "right" solution
would be to only disable it for xv:ck-method=auto and xvmc:ck-method=auto