[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] build from a single ffmpeg subdirectory

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Sat Oct 25 02:48:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Tuesday 14 October 2008 01:17, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> I have had this in one of my local trees since forever and now
> finally sat it down to finish it...
[...]
> +_ffmpeg_opts="--enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-swscale
> --disable-vhook --disable-devices --disable-protocols
> --disable-avfilter --disable-avfilter-lavf --disable-network
> --disable-shared --disable-ffmpeg --disable-ffserver
> --disable-ffplay"

This will broke libamr_* support: they wouldn't build without
--enable-nonfree. But not all people (especially packagers) may
want to build non-distributable binary by default, so you should
make in conditional.

Moreover, some libraries must be specified explicitely, otherwise
they will be omitted:
--enable-libamr-nb
--enable-libamr-wb
--enable-libdirac
--enable-libfaac
--enable-libfaad
--enable-libgsm (it is not support by mplayer via ffmpeg driverat
all now!!)
--enable-libmp3lame (well, this is questionable, but may be an
alternative as well)
--enable-libnut (the same as previous)
--enable-libschroedinger
--enable-libspeex
--enable-libtheora
--enable-libvorbis
--enable-libx264
--enable-libxvid

So this will require to keep corresponding options in mplayer's
configure as well. Thus I can see only little simplification.

--
Best regards,
Andrew