[MPlayer-dev-eng] libass behavior when PlayResX & PlayResY are missing in ass subs

Robert Ramiega jedi at plukwa.net
Wed Oct 22 16:23:39 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 08:09:44PM +0400, Evgeniy Stepanov wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 October 2008 19:23:48 Robert Ramiega wrote:
> >   Hi!
> >
> >  Lately i've been playing with ass subtitles and i've noticed that when
> > subtitle file doesn't specify PlayResX *and* PlayResY libass hardcodes them
> > to 384x288.
> >  What's the reasoning with this?
>
> Because that's what Vobsub does. And there are scripts out there that don't
> set either PlayResX or PlayResY, and expect the logical screen size to be
> 384x288.

 Out of curiosity could you, please, point me to such script/situation (this
"half-PAL" resolution puzzles me). As for Vobsub - well it's an argument to
keep things as they are but still isn't Vobsub out-of-developement for quite
some time. Mimicking Vobsub is probably good thing but maybe it's time to
set new standard =o) (just random thoughts, please ignore them if they are
annoying to you)

btw by "script" you mean subtitle file or (shell) script?

--
Just a friendly Jedi Knight     | I find your lack of faith
Robert Ramiega jedi at plukwa.net  | disturbing