[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] Correct channel assignment for FLAC > 2 channels

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Tue Oct 7 23:47:24 CEST 2008

Hi, I was playing about with converting some multi channel audio files
to FLAC, and playing them with mplayer. I found the channels were
played back through the wrong speakers.

If you look at libmpcodecs/ad_ffmpeg.c, you'll see there is no
specific support for FLAC, so (for 6 channels), it'll default to
AF_CHANNEL_LAYOUT_5_1_B (L R Ls Rs C LFE)

However, looking at the FLAC specification at
http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html#frame_header (channel
assignment section) shows that FLAC actually uses an arrangement of (L
R C LFE Ls Rs).

The attached patch fixes this, and now my FLACs play correctly.