[MPlayer-dev-eng] update to the speedup patch

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Nov 22 19:58:00 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 05:22:27PM +0000, Jim Hauxwell wrote:
> > To everyone: please stop hiding your work!! This counts triple for
> > unfinished stuff or new features, there is so much to do there is _no_
> > way you can do it all, and if you keep them to yourselves nobody else
> > can either.
>
> I'm not hiding it.  I've attached the patch.
>
> I just think with two different development threads going on in the same
> file, someone needs to go first or you end up with a mess.

Most of the time not really. Yes, the latest patches (cosmetics/renaming
and performance) are more critical. Though I admit I had assumed you
had already updated it to current SVN.
Still the basics are not going to change due to it I'd think.
Do you have any reason to believe that just allocating a bunch of
correctly size (for the OSD-subpart) texture each time the OSD changes
would be too slow? Because that seems to work fine for -vo gl.

> -static D3DFORMAT gMovieSrcFmt;          /**< Movie colorspace format (depends on
> +static DisplayFormatTable * gpMovieSrcFmt;          /**< Movie colorspace format (depends on
>                                        the movie's codec) */

You don't really make use of that change. Is that left over from earlier
tries or ...?
Also, I am not sure I really see the point of this OSD implementation,
since you still render it in software, it seem to me like just using
vf-add=expand=osd=1 in your config file would nearly work just as well.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger