[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] importing libdvdread from the dvdnav repository

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Mon Jun 23 09:59:01 CEST 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 09:52:23 vmrsss wrote:
> On 14 Jun 2008, at 14:05, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> > just compile libdvdread with  -DHAVE_DVDCSS_DVDCSS_H :)
> > I had to do absolutely nothing
>
> Can you explain how this is supposed to work? After following your
> indications, mplayer doesn't run nor compile (actually already

well, of course mplayer's build system and some #includes
must be adapted.  What I meant in  my quote was that
libdvdread from svn contains all the code to include
dvdcss headers and link against it if you pass it that macro

> configure fails) because dvdread lacks dvdcss; eg:
> > dyld: Symbol not found: _dvdcss_interface_2
> > Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libdvdread.4.dylib
> > Expected in: flat namespace
>
> do you need to add -ldvdcss to the output of dvdread-config --libs
> ? Or perhaps speed up the static linking to "our" version of
> dvdcss? (I assume you are referring to the libdvdcss directory in
> the mplayer build tree, are you?)

no, mplayer build system will use -ldvdcss -ldvdread and
everything will work as expected. I just haven't had
enough time to patch mplayer