[MPlayer-dev-eng] [sidetracking] energy

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jun 18 16:49:49 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 04:42:10PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > No electricity 1/3 of the time?  That sure is not good enough for me :)
>
> 3 orthogonal places and you are more than covered ^^;

Unless you have no wind in all 3 places.  Or not enough wind.  What do
you do if energy demands soar?

> Uranium would last at most 40 years.

Says who?  My information is more along the lines of several hundred
years just with current sources.  And you know, if prices climb, more
sources are found and uneconomical sources become viable.  Seawater
contains Uranium.  Some day it might be viable to collect Uranium out of
the sea.

Diego