[MPlayer-dev-eng] Project Leader? (was: Re: Commit rules and coexistence rules)

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Thu Jun 5 19:30:43 CEST 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008 19:01, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> This is why I call for Project Leader election.
>
> If you like the things as they are now, vote for Diego.
> If not, propose your nomination or vote for better candidate.

I think you're going too fast here. IMHO we should follow the following
steps:

1a. decide who is eligible to vote
1b. decide who is going to collect the votes
2. decide whether we want an official project leader (perhaps vote about
that first)
3. if yes, open call for potential leaders; i.e. people can come forward as
being interested in becoming the new project leader. perhaps tell something
about themselves and/or tell why they think they will be the best choice
(but without going into specific details about current disputes)
4. after, say, two weeks, compile list of candidates and open voting
procedures
5. after, say, two weeks, close the voting procedure, determine winner, send
out condolences to said winner ;-)
6. new project leader resolves current conflicts

> I do not care what the system for casting vote would be, as long as it is
> fair. I have simple system in mind, but I'd give it only if asked to.

The debian voting script could be used. I believe Michael has a hacked-up
version in SVN somewhere.

--Ivo