[MPlayer-dev-eng] Best practice , howto integrate a "new " protocol

Nico Sabbi Nicola.Sabbi at poste.it
Tue Jan 29 10:09:35 CET 2008

Il Tuesday 29 January 2008 00:54:31 Marc Manthey ha scritto:
> On Jan 29, 2008, at 12:41 AM, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> >> look at the stream/ directory, in particular stream.c and
> >> stream.h
> >
> > although I have to say that the second part of your post leaves
> > me with some doubt regarding the pertinence of my answer.
> > Can you explain in more detail what you want to do precisely?
>
> hi nico thanks for your time,
>
> i want to "display"  ONE or more  cuseeme stream(s ) in mplayer.

one stream is readable, more streams can't (not exactly: 2 streams
can be read at the same time, but out of each of them
only 1 audio or 1 video stream are extracted) .

> as far as i know  cuseeme muxes the different streams and wrapp the
> codecs into the protocol
> itself so it must be possible to display the streams in a player to
> view them or embed
> them into a webpage. Could you or somebody else tell me what a
> developer need to know
> about it , so i could forward the message ?

the details of the protocol syntax and the codecs used.
If the codecs aren't already available in libavcodec
or mplayer's libmpcodecs/ they should be added to libavcodec
(part of ffmpeg, ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu is the development
mailing list where new features are proposed) .