[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer on Au1200

Nitin Mahajan nitinm76 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 12:01:26 CET 2008

Hello!

----- Original Message ----

 about these bugs in Hardware ?

> I don't have a Au1200 thus cannot say anything about the MAE,
> but the Au1550 i work with has a few very nasty, not well documented
> bugs.
>
> > I read some of the posts on same subject of providing MAE support

 MPlayer on this SoC.  In one of the posts you have suggested to use
> the

 same infrastructure as in dxr2/3 cards.

> Would make sense, although i wouldnt call it an infrastrucutre.
>
> BTW: as HW accelerators are getting more and more common, how
> about building an abstraction layer within MPlayer to handle this?

Thats really  a great Idea.
> > Whats your opinion on that, from engineering perspective how
> complex

 is it and whether it is feasible or not?

> Everything is possible, but i cannot say whether it is feasible
> for

 you.

> > Also there were some liscencing issues discussed. Is it that
> Mplayer

 is GPL and the MAI code is not GPL, so I can not link MAI code
> with

 MPlayer and then Distribute MPlayer ?